 Robotics / Handy Board / 2555
2554  |  2556
Subject:
serial data link
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 1997 13:36:10 GMT

Hello All,

I am trying to construct a device to replace the wires between the RS-232
converter and the Handy Board.
Of the many questions involved in this sort of thing the
first one I'm wondering if anybody has experience with is the matter of
duplex.  From the  TTL side of the interface/charger board there are
bother transmit and receive wires. Can they support full duplex
communication?  I would think so.  But the HC11 SCI port uses the same
register for incoming bits that is used for outgoing bits.  So does this
mean that half duplex is the comm mode that is used?   IF half duplex
THEN are the handshaking signals of the SCI appropriate to half duplex?
There is more involved and more that I've worked on but this is
a back to square one sort of question that I have since I'm having trouble
interfacing a functioning rf link into the PC-HandyBoard system. :(

Thanks,
Bob.

Bob Campanini
EECS, University of Kansas