 Robotics / Handy Board / 2547
2546  |  2548
Subject:
RC bot base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 19:10:56 GMT

Hello All,

I have just purchased a new TYCO 9.6V Zig Zag car.
It seems to have a fairly good base w/treads.
I connected it to the handyboard (after gutting it
and extending the wires ). Next I gave the motors
a test and they both ran way too fast. My question
is can the handyboard handle the motors or is it
that I need to connect a resistor or ... This base
seems perfect for a mobile robot base but it looks
as if it may need some work.

Thanks for all da' help,
RANDY
P.S.
The motors have a ceramic disc capacitor hooked
between the neg. and pos. leads.