 Robotics / Handy Board / 2549
2548  |  2550
Subject:
int/float to string routines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 2 Aug 1997 00:39:58 GMT

Are there any int/float to string conversion routines available for the
handy board?  I'm sending data over the HB's serial port to my PC, and I
need to be able to send data in string format.  (I was originally sending
data in its actual byte value, but it turns out the PC's serial port
captures certain control characters and they never make it to the user
program.)  I've managed to write a rather awkward routine to convert an
integer to a string, and then send it over the serial port.  However, I'd
like to be able to send floating point values over the port as well, and
also make my integer routines a little more efficient.  Any ideas?

Jeff Keyzer
UCSD EE Major
jkeyzer@ucsd.edu
http://sehplib.ucsd.edu/~jkeyzer/