 Robotics / Handy Board / 2516
Re: LM34 temp sensor to handy board?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 16:50:16 GMT

Jeff,

I would highly recommend the LM358 single or dual supply op-amp. It comes
in a dual package and works great on +5v only. The LM339 is a single
supply comparator. There are several manufactures: motorola, and national
both have data sheets on the web.

Also, I did a lab in school involving a digital thermometer. I used a
thermistor in the leg of a wheatstone bridge and sampled the voltage with
an op-amp whose output was tied to an antialiasing filter to the A/D port
of an HC11. I recommend finding your max and min desired range, then
design the op-amp gain such that the output is 0v for your min temp and 5v
for your max temp. It may be different for the HB. I think there are
pullups on the inputs...but this is the gen idea that gives you the best
resolution.

just my $.02
jm