 Robotics / Handy Board / 2472
Re: LM34 temp sensor to handy board?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 07:39:43 GMT

I tried the circuit out tonight, and it works!  (Mostly.)  I hooked up a
1K and a 3K resistor for R2 and R1, for a gain of 4, and the output is
roughly linear with the input.  Still need to do some more testing.  I
ended up having to use a +/- 12V supply for my 741 op-amp; it couldn't work
with a single 5V supply at all.  I'm going to start searching for some good
single supply op-amps with rail to rail operation (the LM660 is one, I
believe), and perhaps I'll be able to get rid of that extra op-amp power
supply.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Jeff Keyzer
UCSD EE Major