 Robotics / Handy Board / 248
Re: PA7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 05:36:21 GMT

Another Q or 2 about using the servo capabilities of the handy board.

It has been established that the servo motor output is actually digital
output 9 (J2-9) (position numbered 15 (on the silk screen) of connector J2)

no,this is wrong. The servo output is J2 - 9, not J2 - 15.

1) Is there a separate connection for power, or can I use the power available
from the other J2-9 pins?  (or can I use another motor output (from J4)?)

you need a 5 volt source to power the servo. The Handy Board 5 volt
supply can be used, but this will put a lot of stress on the system
regulator.

It would be better to get a separate battery, or take a tap at the 6
volt point within the internal battery that.

2) Am I correct in believing PA7 (the control output) is the top pin of J2
position 15?  (The schematic shows it that way, but it also shows PA7
connected to J2-3 (position numbered 9 on the silk screen)).

Where it you get the idea that the output is connected to position 15?
I don't know where that would be shown. Any way, it's position 3,
which is labeled sensor input 9.

-Fred

--
This message was composed using Articulate Systems' PowerSecretary,
a Macintosh-based speech-to-text dictation system.

Thanks,

  Dirk