 Robotics / Handy Board / 246
Re: two servo code
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 22:16:10 GMT

Fly-in-the-ointment:  I'd still rather disable the IR Xmit function than
the buzzer.  My application would like to use the buzzer to communicate
audibe condition codes.  I appreciate Randy's effort to sacrifice
the piezo buzzer so we can supply another servo, but is it really
different to disable the IR Xmit?  I'm not astute enough to do it myself,
but with some directions I'd try, and post any code I get to work.

Would the expansion board solve my problem?

My next option is to hold my breath until I turn blue.  So there.

Actually, none of the default functions in pcode_hb.s19 actually use
the IR transmit line -- you have to load in someone's ir transmit icb
file.  so that line is completely up for grabs.

mike, it shouldn't be too ahrd to work from Randy's example, or the
existing servo.icb code, to write parallel fcn's for the ir output.

you don't even have to explicitly disconnect the ir transmitter
transistor.  just take a tap directly from the 6811 output pin to your
servo.

-fred