 Robotics / Handy Board / 245
  Re: 600 mA

Thanks. This helps clarify things about the motor features alot. I was looking into transistors for the first time. I was wondering if you can connect the L293D output to the base of a high current transistor. ...and the collector and emmiter in (...) (29 years ago, 29-Mar-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: 600 mA

Note that the spec sheet for the L293D states that the package can only dissipate 5 watts. With a voltage drop of 1.3 volts that is 3.85 amps total through all drivers. However, since that is the absolute maximum rating your probably looking more (...) (29 years ago, 30-Mar-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)