 Robotics / Handy Board / 2448
2447  |  2449
Subject:
Pulse outputs??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 20:47:12 GMT

I need help on understanding the motor controller circuit.

Looking at the source in the lib_hb librariy it looks like different
pulse trains are sent out to increase the average output voltage by
poking increasing values of 256 into the rught locations, 0x22
through 0x25.  Its easy enough to test this out but it doesn't
seem to work that way.  As the value increase from 0
to 255 the average outpur voltage (just monitoring it with a
voltmeter) ramps up, drops back down, ramps back up, etc.  Lowest
value I get is 1.8 volts, highes is around 9 volts.

I know I'm missing something here.  Probably the basic understanding
of what's going on.

What I'm trying to do is output an average  voltage of 0 to 5 volts to control
an astroflight solid state speed controller.  This one unses 0 to 5
volts input to varry the output by running a 5 volt signal through a
5K pot.  If anyone has a bette way to do it with the HB I'd love to
here it

Thanks