 Robotics / Handy Board / 2405
2404  |  2406
Subject:
HB Questions??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 20:52:51 GMT

I have a few questions about the HB that I hope somebody can help me with.
I'm kind of new to it and I think a few answers to some simple questions
could save a lot of time.

1.  The pulse modulation of the motor outputs.  Is the CPU tied up
maintaining the pulses?  It would be nice to use the motor dirver circuits
to maintain an continuous average voltage on an external control function
but if it takes all of the CPU time to do it thats kind of out.

2.  Are there any software libraries for IC take advantage of the counter
functions of Port A.  And if there is (or even if there isn't) is there any
good way of implementing more than one counter.  I need to count two
separate wheel revolutions but it looks like the 6811 only has one counter
built into it.

3.  More on the counter functon.  One of the wheels that I will be
measuring can spin up to 5K rpm.  Should I be able to measure that using
the counter circuit and some type of reflectance circuit?  I'll probably be
asking for help on the circuit but that comes later.

Thanks

Bruce Moore  (bamoore@bloomington.in.us)