 Robotics / Handy Board / 24
    Re: Using cheap RC chasis as 'bot —Clint Laskowski
   OK, time for me to chime in on this thread... The biggest problem, IMHO, with using a cheap RC car/van/truck as a 'bot base is that they all use Ackerman steering (two non-steerable driven wheels in the back, two linked, steerable, non-driven wheels (...) (29 years ago, 6-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Using cheap RC chasis as 'bot —Tom G. Brusehaver/Consultant Euler Solutions
     (...) The biggest problem with tank like drives is the marks/scratches on the floor. Any robot with any weight will probably damage a maple or other hardwood floor in short order. They work fin in a lab with waxed tile floors that no one cares (...) (29 years ago, 6-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Using cheap RC chasis as 'bot —Jeffrey Keyzer
   (...) This would be great! I've always known that my mechanical skills were nowhere near as good as my electronic/programming skills, and getting a suitable base set up is a formidable problem for me. Something like what you propose would be the (...) (29 years ago, 6-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)