 Robotics / Handy Board / 2356
Re: Sonar Connection - Confirmation Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:27:02 GMT

MAR> I never used a resistor. I don't remeber what the reason for
MAR> using one is. Perhaps someone can repeat it. I've never used a
MAR> capacitor either.

MAR> I've achieve 7" but not lower. Has anyone seen otherwise?

I have seen the thing not work without the resistor.  If the sonar
board gets damaged, then I assumed it was because I didn't use a
resistor.   Use it, and be safe.

If it only gives you one steady reading, it is probably because the
sonar board is damaged, and disconnecting the BINH pin will allow you
to get readings down to 20-something inches.

Good luck