 Robotics / Handy Board / 2354
2353  |  2355
Subject:
Sonar Connection - Confirmation Please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 13:39:09 GMT

Hi All,

I have just purchased the Polaroid Sonar board, and I have some questions
before I blow up my Handyboard, I have read the instructions on the Web
page put I would just like to confirm some points.
Can you please verify with me a few things....
When you discuss the connections to the HB, it is unclear
as to which pinouts you're referring to.
1) INIT -> pin9 of 2nd motor driver
        on the HB documentation are you referring to pin9
        of the J4 motor output header OR pin9 of the driver
        chip socket (do we have to remove chip? If so, please
        describe orientation of motor chip.)
2) BINH -> pin1 of the 2nd motor driver chip socket
        once again, does this mean we have to remove the chip?
        (Describe orientation of motor chip to be removed
         ie) from HB docs, is it U10 or U11?)
3) You make mention to putting a 330-1K ohm resistor on BINH
        Please indicate within the resistive range which value
        would be optimal for short range ie) approx 6"
4) Would also like to know your recommendations on the capacitance
        for a 6" range.

Thanks for any information

Cheers
Michael