 Robotics / Handy Board / 2164
2163  |  2165
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 02:30:24 GMT

Hi, I'm planning to purchase the handyboard as a kit from Digital Mirco System,
since I'm a bit tight with money. However, I'm a bit hesitant about assembling
the kit because I have no experience at all with soldering.

Can anyone recommend something I should do to get more comfortable with
soldering before I attempt to assemble the kit since I really want to become
more adept at this sort of stuff. And what type of solder should I use?

On another note, does the handyboard need some sort of heat sink?

Also on another note, is there any way I can add a single chip 68hc11 computer
that will work in conjunction with the handyboard besides than having too
purchase another handyboard to work together.? What I want to do is have the
handyboard control and monitor the sensors and motors so that it can effectively
move around efficiently. And have the other microprocessor work on mapping out
it's environment and model a behavior that will best suite this environment
whether it's a confined maze or unrestricted open floor filled with varying
obstacles.

Whew...I guess that's all for now. :)

Thanks, for any input.

Phet