 Robotics / Handy Board / 2020
2019  |  2021
Subject:
IC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 20:52:37 GMT

I'm using interactive C right now and the biggest complaint I have is
that the motor routines don't have near enough speed resolution.

We're working on a new set of drivers for motors that have twice the
resolution.  The main problem is that the IC drivers were designed for the
6.270 board, which uses a battery voltage of 6v.  Folks want to use
low-voltage motors with the 9.6v of the handyboard, which means you need to
restrain yourself to a lower duty-cycle, which is where the lack of
resolution starts to get you.

-- Randy

Randy Sargent                        Newton Research Labs
Senior Design Engineer               Robotic Systems and Software
rsargent@newtonlabs.com              http://www.newtonlabs.com/