 Robotics / Handy Board / 1984
  motors

Hi, I have some motor trouble. I have two motors. I have a polaroid sonar. When I run one of the motors, the sonar works. When I run the other motor, the sonar's detected distance jumps arround randomly. The randomness seems to be more at higher (...) (27 years ago, 19-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: motors

I haven't had the same poblems, but I have a theory as to your problem. There are two probabilities: 1) The motor is causing too much noise and is interfering with the sonar, or 2)The motor is giving off electrical noise (i.e. electromagnetic waves) (...) (27 years ago, 19-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: motors

Mar, You might want to try attaching a small (0.1uF) capacitor to the motor leads as close as possible to the motor. Use a ceramic or monolithic ceramic capacitor. That might reduce the motor noise your sonar board sees. Also remember that even (...) (27 years ago, 21-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: motors

Here's the motor I used so you all know not to buy it. Barber-Coleman FYQF 63310-9 12V DC If anyone has had any experience with this one or its siblings, please share your thoughts. I would be grateful for any further info. :) ---...--- ericson mar (...) (27 years ago, 23-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)