 Robotics / Handy Board / 1901
Re: sonar hookup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 21:41:21 GMT

At 04:00 PM 4/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

K> I finally got the code loaded into my handyboard to test the unit
K> but I am having some problems.  When the program runs I hear
K> ticking from the transducer but the reading on the LCD stays at 0"
K> no matter where it points.  I want to make sure that I have the
K> wiring correct so if someone can confirm the following I would
K> appreciate it.

Sounds like the same problem I had.  Disconnect binh, and see what
numbers you get.

The docs maybe need to be cleaned up if everyone is whacking their
one chip.  There needs to be a resisor in the binh pin.

Just to fill all of you in, I followed Tom's advice and it is working now.
I am going to install the resistor on BINH tonight so I will get the
extended range.  By the way, what value resistor is best for this signal?
I know that the suggested value is between 330 and 1k ohms but what value
between this range works best.  Thanks for all those who have helped me.

Keith

Keith Soldavin
kas219@email.psu.edu
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/k/a/kas219/