 Robotics / Handy Board / 1899
    sonar hookup —Keith the wonder wookie
   I finally got the code loaded into my handyboard to test the unit but I am having some problems. When the program runs I hear ticking from the transducer but the reading on the LCD stays at 0" no matter where it points. I want to make sure that I (...) (27 years ago, 9-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: sonar hookup —Tom Brusehaver
      K> I finally got the code loaded into my handyboard to test the unit K> but I am having some problems. When the program runs I hear K> ticking from the transducer but the reading on the LCD stays at 0" K> no matter where it points. I want to make (...) (27 years ago, 9-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: sonar hookup —MAR ERICSON
     If I recall correctly, I think the BINH in the sonar software is set high for the entire duration of the ping. This way, ECHO will never trigger. If you tie your BINH to GND, it will enable ONLY the internel blanking. ---...--- ericson mar Master of (...) (27 years ago, 9-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: sonar hookup —Keith the wonder wookie
   (...) Just to fill all of you in, I followed Tom's advice and it is working now. I am going to install the resistor on BINH tonight so I will get the extended range. By the way, what value resistor is best for this signal? I know that the suggested (...) (27 years ago, 9-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: sonar hookup —Tom Brusehaver
    Keith> Just to fill all of you in, I followed Tom's advice and it is Keith> working now. I am going to install the resistor on BINH Keith> tonight so I will get the extended range. By the way, what Keith> value resistor is best for this signal? I (...) (27 years ago, 9-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)