 Robotics / Handy Board / 1894
    Re: pressure sensors..
   JM, I don't have the book in front of me but Mobile Robots, From Inspiration to Implementation has some info on just this subject. If you don't have it or can't get access to it let me know and I'll do some research for ya. For example if its touch (...) (27 years ago, 9-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: pressure sensors... antistatic foam —Daniel Nicholas Horner
   A viable option, depending on what sort of pressure is involved, is to put a thin piece of conductive (ie. antistatic) foam between two metal plates. The resistance between the plates ends up being roughly proportional to the pressure applied. It (...) (27 years ago, 9-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: pressure sensors... non-conductive foam —Max Davies
   (...) What a neat idea! Sounds nice and compact and simple to build too. Do you think it would also be viable to use a soft NON-conductive foam and then measure the capacitance instead of the resistance to work accurately with lighter pressures? (27 years ago, 11-Apr-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: pressure sensors... non-conductive foam —Tom Brusehaver