 Robotics / Handy Board / 1801
  IR concept

An alternate IR system.... I've been scanning through some of the IR stuff to see if I can't pick out a good solid system for collision avoidance on a short range (approx. 6-10cm) scale, but everything seems like alot of trouble. Some guys at Humber (...) (27 years ago, 28-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR concept

In addition.... Perhaps I could use the on board IR header to turn on the 4 IR diode array with each diode in series with a current limit resistor and in parallel with the IR output header..?? (I think this has been suggested before.) (...) (27 years ago, 28-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR concept

(...) [Digitize the output from an IR LED with and without a signal present to achieve some common mode noise rejection.] This type of system is susceptible to being 'blinded' by high intensity IR sources (try it outside :-) I used a similar (...) (27 years ago, 29-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Sonar Transducer Multiplexor

In your BMP circuit diagram that you posted recently, why did you use an open collector to feed the base of the transistor? Would it work if you connected the digital signal directly to the base? ---...--- ericson mar Master of Engineering Candidate (...) (27 years ago, 29-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Sonar Transducer Multiplexor

(...) The OC is simply a protective buffer to the SPI pins. When the SPI feeds a low with a pullup resistor it must be able to sink the current drawn by the resistor. I read some of the docs on the SPI pinouts and ("M68HC11 Reference Manual" Serial (...) (27 years ago, 29-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: IR concept

Chuck, If you have the scematics for the IR sensor that uses the 555 and opamp, Iw oudl be interested in looking them over. I understand your theory, but the scematics would save me some time in ironing out the nitty gritty stuff. Thanks. (...) (27 years ago, 30-Mar-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)