 Robotics / Handy Board / 1793
Re: IR Subsystem confusions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 03:55:03 GMT

Does the HB have demodulationg circuitry? According to the diagrams, the
Sharp IS1U60 is connected to TIC1 on the HC11. Does this mean that the
HC11 is doing the demodulation? Is the Sharp IS1U60 an IR demodulator, or
simply and IR receiver? I thought demodulation circuitry is a little more
involved than figure 9.6 (Infrared Reception) of the HB Tech Ref.

Anyway, does the IR reception part of the HB have to operate at 40KHz?
ericson mar
Master of Engineering Candidate
Project: Mobile Robotics
mar@cooper.edu
(212)353-4356

Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art