 Robotics / Handy Board / 1794
1793  |  1795
Subject:
Communicating through serial port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 04:04:34 GMT

Hi,
I am trying to use the my handy board to communicate with an
application on my computer by passing integers through the serial
port. From my understanding, a binary subroutine must be called to
access the serial port. Is this true? If so, why? Why can't it be
done with IC?
So far I have been trying to write a subroutine to do this in
assembly code and I have not had much success. I have been
referencing the code that Fred provides in the document
"Introduction to 6811 Programming". The problem is certain other
definition files need to be included for this to work and I do not
have these files. Does anyone have a working subroutine that will
allow the handy board to communicate through the serial port? I also
have a question about the assembly program. I am using the Mac
version. When you use the "#include<> command should it automatically
include the file you specified if it is in the assemblers directory? I
have not been able to get it to do this.  If anyone can answer any one
of these questions I would greatly appreciate it.
Daniel