 Robotics / Handy Board / 1607
Re: Re[2]: phone cord length
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 02:25:23 GMT

Don't those tend to have swapped conductors too?  I thought that the
receiver cords were slightly different from the other cords.  You might
have to crimp new connectors on the end.

-Jeremy

Speaking of noisy lines, I was thinking of getting one of those telephone
cords that's coiled helix-like to colapse the wire. Now that we're
discussing this topic, I am wondering if this cord would effect the
electronics. The thought came up to me that this cord is like a long
"inductor" and it may slow the rise and fall of the 5V levels. Also,
generating magnetic fields within the "inductor" may cause interferance.

ericson mar
Master of Engineering Candidate
Project: Mobile Robotics
mar@cooper.edu

Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art