 Robotics / Handy Board / 159
158  |  160
Subject:
Expansion Board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 18:42:00 GMT

I built 2 of those. I continue to applaud everyone involved with this project
. It is awesome. I know have 3 Handy boards and am teaching programming and
robotics to my kids, i love it. I am also using it to control a 5DF motion
controlled camera.

feedback specific to the expansion board:

- Can't get the MAX662. more than 20 weeks to wait at digikey. anyone knows
another source? thx.

- I feel like the power diodes are too close on the PCB. There is also a risk
of short circuit when you put the LCD back above.
- I think that there should be DIP sockets for all the ICs in the part list.
When using sockets make sure to solder U3 BEFORE SW1.
- Where can one buy the polaroid sensor?

I wish there was one or 2 more 374 latching the databus. I feel like the
handy board is short of digital outputs.

thanks again to all.

Luc Barthelet.