 Robotics / Handy Board / 158
Re: robot base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 1996 17:50:09 GMT

The Pioneer is a commercially-available robot base.  It has a 6811 board
that can run IC, and can also carry and power a laptop computer.

Check out http://www.rwii.com/catalog/pioneer1/pioneer1_home.html

-- Randy

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to build a mobile robot for research purposes. I'm looking for
an existing drive system if available in the market. I don't want to build
a new drive system. I only want to work on the sensor configurations,
etc. Does anyone kno w where I can get such an item. It should prefferably
have enough power to have an onboard PC or so.

Thanks.

Yes, I've looked into the Pioneer br Real World Interfaces, Inc. It's a nice piece of work, but I think I need something a little more flexible. The Pioneer has its own built in sensors already. I would like build my own sensor systems and have custom configurable hardware. I'm thinking of adding multiple camera's also for stereo vision. Maybe two or three depending on bugetary constraints.