 Robotics / Handy Board / 1566
1565  |  1567
Subject:
motor voltages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 03:16:24 GMT

Hi,

This is in response to the question about motor voltages posted earlier
tonight.  Check out the archives.  Late last week I posted a similar question
and got some good responses about wiring the HB for two power supplies and
using diodes.  I have 9V motors that I am running at 6V by using an array of
diodes (3 or 4 in series) between the motor output and the motor.  But, if you
want a bidirectional motor, you must wire a fork into one lead and use two
arrays, one pointing opposite the other, and then recombine the lines into the
one lead from which they came. This has been effective for me and has not
required any modifications to the HB.  4000 series diodes can handle 1A of
current, maybe they will work for you.  If the circuit I described isn't clear
to you, let me know and I can fax you a schematic.

David