 Robotics / Handy Board / 1528
1527  |  1529
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 21:53:48 GMT

I had considered doing -100 to 100 PWM in hardware. I even went so far as
to draw up the schematics for it... Then I read the HC11 manual, and
realized that instead of my "little" circuit, I could just use another
HC11.. The internal timer/counters could do the job easily, with very
little overhead. My thoughts then turned to making this "second" HC11 into
a navigation sub-processor, perhaps linked to the first with the SPI port.
Funny how a simple Idea can get so big, given a little thought..
Anyway, the code for 2 channels of PWM is in the manual, as is example code
for the SPI.. It seems easy enough, and both more powerful than the
discrete circuit, and smaller, too. Just my two cents.

control number is then "divided down" to the nearest of the 7 speeds
available.. If I have this wrong, PLEASE let me know!

Lyle Hazelwood <amigaman@erinet.com>