 Robotics / Handy Board / 1510
Re: running .s19
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:08:34 GMT

does your program to anything else other than attempt to leave
special mode? You could have it write a value to the motor address
($7000); that would be a more visible indication that it is running.

BTW, why is your first instinct to take it out of special mode? As
long as you realize that the vector bank is at address $bfc0, there is
no harm in running the board in special mode all the time. That is the
way Interactive C normally works.

-Fred

--
This message was composed using Articulate Systems' PowerSecretary,
a Macintosh-based speech-to-text dictation system.

In your message you said:
Hello,

I am trying to use normal .asm files assembled with as11 on the
handy-board.  I am not using IC.  Although my .s19 file downloads fine I
don't think it is being run.  My code begins at $D000.  I use an ORG
statement to set $BFFE:$BFFE to $D000.  By turning the board off and on I
think it should cause a RESET which in the special test mode will fetch
the vector $BFFE:$BFFF.  The fist thing my program does is clear the MDA
bit, then clear the SMOD bit to get back into normal single chip mode.
What am I missing?

-Luke