 Robotics / Handy Board / 1383
Re: Polaroids
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 11:31:30 GMT

Jim,

Check out the following links, the work has already been done for you!

ftp://cherupakha.media.mit.edu/pub/contrib/ic_contrib/kent/
ftp://cherupakha.media.mit.edu/pub/contrib/ic_contrib/kent/readme

- Prabal

James D. Tegarden wrote:

My design team would like to incorporate two polaroid sensors with our
handy board.  We were wondering just how do we send the INIT pulse from
the HB to the Polaroid sensors?
The member in charge of writing the code for our robot quickly drafted
up some pseudo code:

        transmit(  )
          int sonar_port = 1;
          long echo_time;
          long start_time;
           { start_time = clock;
             pulse_transmitter (10ms)
             delay(20);
             do while sonar_port()
           }
        echo_time = clock - start_time
        return(echo_time)

We would like to know just how to process the echo time, as well as how
the digital port in question will receive the echo return from the
Polaroid.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

                                Jim Tegarden

--
Prabal Dutta                               Tel:    (614) 299-2566
Digital Micro Systems, Corp.               FAX:    (614) 299-2939