 Robotics / Handy Board / 1315
Re: LCD screen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 18:42:44 GMT

Garth

The contrast of the LCD can be adjusted.  The third pin from the
left side of the LCD, labeled VR on the HB is the contrast adjustment.  You
can cut this pin from the male header than connects to the HB.  Solder a
small trimmer pot with the wiper lead connected to the VR pin and the other
two leads of the pot soldered to the first and second pins of the LCD, ie.
GND and +5V.  Use a large valued pot, the contrast adjustment doesn't take
much voltage so use at least 1 M‡ for better range.  If you can get a
multi-turn pot, even better.  If the pot is small enough, it can be
soldered directly to the LCD itself.  It's worked great for me.

matt

Matthew J. Harlan
Cornell University
Electrical Engineering