 Robotics / Handy Board / 1311
  LCD screen

After turning on my handy board after some traveling with it (and loading IC, etc) I have found that the contrast of the screen is very high. If looked at straight on the screen looks black (well, all black squares), but if looked at from an angle, (...) (28 years ago, 22-Jan-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: LCD screen

I have seen cases where an LCD display was destroyed by excessive heat. I used to be in a car rallye club, and we had several timers destroyed by being left in a hot car. Could your board have been exposed to high temperatures during your travels? (...) (28 years ago, 22-Jan-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: LCD screen

Garth The contrast of the LCD can be adjusted. The third pin from the left side of the LCD, labeled VR on the HB is the contrast adjustment. You can cut this pin from the male header than connects to the HB. Solder a small trimmer pot with the wiper (...) (28 years ago, 22-Jan-97, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)