 Robotics / Handy Board / 1310
RE: dual servo update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 12:45:22 GMT

On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, Chuck McManis wrote:

Servos also must get a pulse at *LEAST* every 20mS. So perhaps there are
times where you miss one now or then. Since they can take pulses more
often than that perhaps Fred or someone can reduce the cycle time to compensate
for  times when the processor is too busy to get back to them in time?

I send my servos commands every 32.768 mS, and they work fine.  I don't
know what the limit is, but I don't think that 20 mS (50 Hz) is critical.

* Michael L. Ross/C33 | Lockheed Martin Eng & Sci Svcs Co. ****
* Robotics Department | 2400 Nasa Rd. 1, Houston, TX 77058*****
* (281)333-7094; (281)333-6071 fax*    #include <disclaimer.h>*
* Finger me for my public key.  mross@outland.jsc.nasa.gov ****