 Robotics / Handy Board / 1309
Re: Twitchy servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 18:44:05 GMT

In article <199701181605.LAA15254@wabakimi.carleton.ca>,
Maria Pirsic <mpirsic@chat.carleton.ca> wrote:
Hi.

I also have the problem of twitchy servos, but I am currently only using
one of them.  The servo is used in steering and it constantly twitches.
Although, when I have nothing else hooked up to the board and have only
the servo running, no twitch.

I have yet to try Randy Sargent's suggestion of adding a resistor.

Maria

Maria Pirsic
IEEE Branch Treasurer 96/97
Carleton University
mpirsic@chat.carleton.ca

I'm using a 80C32 board and control two servos by generating a PWM
signal with a timer interrupt.
It frequently happens that the servos twitch. In my experience the period
of 50 ms of the PWM signal was too great. The problem disappeared when
the period was made smaller. It could happen that another interrupt
takes places when the timerinterrupt should have gotten control and
was placed in hold. Assure that the servo control interrupt takes
priority.

*         ____             spectral@simplex.nl              *
*groeten  |___)            http://www.simplex.nl/~spectral  *
*         |  aul Wiegmans  2:500/143.11430                  *