 Robotics / Handy Board / 1271
Re: IR wall detection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:27:11 GMT

Keith,

Try an LM567.  It's a tone decoder with PLL and VCO.  Basically set
the internal freq. of the 567 any where between .01 Hz up to I think 500
kHz.  Feed a signal into the 567 and if the freq's match up, the 567's
output goes low.  I've been messing around with using the 567's internal
occilator to modulate the 40 khz carrier from a 555.  tring to make a
single unit with simply two power connections and an output.

hope it helps

matt

Matthew J. Harlan
Cornell University