 Robotics / Handy Board / 1246
Re: IR wall detection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:31:31 GMT

I have recenty perfected a simple sensor using the Sharp IR detector but I
need some help in interfacing it.

Could you tell me the cost & range for these?

I plan on having about 16 sensors all
around the perimiter of the robot but I don't want to have them running all
at the same time because of the chance of one picking up the signal of the
other.  I have decided to use a sequencer to trigger each sensor in
succession.

Could you trigger them in an interleave-like sequence?  Seems that would
reduce interference to just about zero.  If you number 1-2-3 starting at
zero degrees and going clockwise, you could set up the following firing
order:

   1, 5, 9, 13, 2, 6, 10, 14, 3, 7, 11, 15, 4, 8, 12, 16

that way every transmission would be 90 degrees from the last and not
likelt to receive anything from the previous transmission.
--
Richard T. Vannoy II                 richardv@abac.com
PO Box 103                         Computer Programmer