 Robotics / Handy Board / 1264
1263  |  1265
Subject:
dual servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 00:43:15 GMT

Greetings all,

I have been programming lately using the recently released dual servo
routines.  I have noticed that if I enable both servos and simply send each of
them a pulse (servo_a7(or 5)_pulse=3040 for example) they respond faitfully but
then twitch almost imperceptibley every few seconds.  The twitch does not seem
to favor either servo, and they both twitch at the same time.  This is no big
deal. However I have a program that uses analog input from a potentiometer to
determine a servo pulse value several times a second, and this routine makes
the twitching a serious control issue.  I am running the servos off their own
6V supply, so I don't think that I am overtaxing any parts on the board.  Any
ideas or similar experiences?

Thank you,

Dave