 Robotics / Handy Board / 1048
1047  |  1049
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 17:47:46 GMT

Greetings!
Yes,  see the FAQ for a recently added section on the battery charging

Stupid Question.. Where is this faq? Web or FTP? I also couldn't find
the file pcode_2.81.tar you mentioned last week. I will be porting IC 3.1,
but wouldn't mind doing 2.81 while waiting for the 3.1 source.

So I take it then that you are using the HB's battery just for running
the logic, and maybe relays to switch the motors on your 'bot?

Yes, The HB nicad pack will be for the HB and the interfaces I am building.
The bot also has a 10 Amp-Hour lead-acid battery for the drive motors and
any other high-current needs. I plan to build the following interfaces..
1. Address-decoder/Data bus buffer offering enables in groups of four
   addresses each.
2. Hardware PWM controls for four motors, true -100 to 100 speed controls,
   and automatic shutdown if the processor resets/fails.
3. Hi-Current H-Bridges for the two drive motors, using the circuits
   described in handyboardmail.txt (Thanks, everyone!)
4. A sound board, mixing inputs from the HB-Audio, an external walkman-jack
   (for FM radio-linked audio from the host computer), and a SPO-256 speech
   chip, for (rough) english speech. The mixer feeds a small amp and speaker.

I doubt my boards will be as space-efficient as the HB itself, but in my
bot there is room, so I will just keep building...

In other news.. the base, motors, gears, and quad encoders should be
finished within hours.. The parts for the H-Bridge should arrive Monday.
A childhood dream is finally coming to fruition.. Thank you to all!

        8^) Lyle Hazelwood<lylehaze@n-jcenter.com>
/* (Arms flailing) WARNING.. WARNING.. Danger, Will Robinson    */