 Robotics / Handy Board / 1047
1046  |  1048
Subject:
(no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 1996 05:34:14 GMT

Two questions. My 'bot has
it's own 12 volt battery and on-board charger. I plan on connecting the
HB charge jack to this battery full-time. Question 1> can the Ni-Cad pack
in the HB be left on-charge full-time, without any problems?

Yes,  see the FAQ for a recently added section on the battery charging
system.

Question 2>
If I cut the power trace from the interface-charger board to the HB
connector, can I run the interface-charger off the provided wall-wart?
I do this to prevent charge-voltage from coming from two places at once
when the HB and interface are connected.

Yes, this is a good idea if you are separately charging the HB's
battery.  As you correctly surmise, you don't want the two charging
circuits contending with each other.

So I take it then that you are using the HB's battery just for running
the logic, and maybe relays to switch the motors on your 'bot?

-Fred