 Robotics / Handy Board / 1015
Re: Black + White Camera
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1996 06:07:04 GMT

The Wavecom Jr. from RFLink (~170$ for a xmit/receive pair)
does color video and stereo audio in the 2.5Ghz band.  Much better
than the 900Mhz stuff.  Can get it from Sharper Image (1-800
something...call 1800 555 1212 and ask).  Can run off 12V batteries.

What's really cool is it has 4 selectable channels to avoid
contention.  I've found that if you put one pair on channel 3 and one
pair on channel 4  (the farthest spacing in their channel space) you
can xmit 2 images or do full duplex.

Thad Starner
MIT Media Laboratory
Wearable Computing Project