 Robotics / Education / 16
Re: Cat by the tail!: Rcx / MindStorms Classroom
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.edu
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:00:17 GMT

*** Forwarded from Tonya, who is having trouble posting here... ***

In my opinion the mindstorms sets for $199 are the best deal.  If you can buy
them locally (Best Buy)  then you can even save shipping.  Mindstorms RIS
includes the exact same parts as the team challenge sets Pitsco offers for
$219 plus you get the Mindstorms software in case you want to use it.  The
Robolab starter system (990084) and the starter set (979780)  are not as good
of a deal in parts for the money plus no software at all come with them.

I am working on writing up some of my lesson plans and ideas that I've used.
I'll be posting them on the web soon and I'll send the URL.  I'd be
interested in collaborating or looking at what other people have written as
well.

I was at Mindfest and was very impressed with Robolab 2.0  I can't wait to
get a copy of it.

Tonya Witherspoon

***forwarded by ***
Terry King   ...In The Woods In Vermont