 Robotics / CyberMaster / 73
Re: Can I use two cybermasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 20:16:52 GMT

Without picking up the soldering iron and modifying its frequency, talking
to multiple CyberMasters on the same frequency is, I guess, very similar to
talking to multiple RCXs through IR.

When the PC sends out a command through the tower, every CyberMaster units
get it and that's ok, but then every CyberMasters will try to respond at the
same time, and this is not good.

The only command that does not require any responses is Send Message (a.k.a.
Set Message), and this is perhaps the command that you will use the most.

To get the status of each robots, you can poll them one by one, like this:

PC: Send Message 1 (meaning: Robot 1, how are you?)
Robot 1: Send Message 51 (meaning: Robot 1 is fine.)
PC: Send Message 2 (Robot 2, how are you?)
Robot 2: Send Message 52 (Robot 2 is fine.)

This post is just an idea. I have not tried it myself. Will it work?

Cheers,
Hao-yang Wang