 Robotics / CyberMaster / 46
Re: Can I use two cybermasters
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:21:48 GMT

lars.gertsen@mail.tele.dk (Lars Gertsen) wrote in message
<39CF48B1.3FAA88A2@mail.tele.dk>:

Hello,

The price for cybermaster is lowered to about 50 $ here
in Denmark so I am thinking of bying a 2nd one. Can
I use two CM in the same room or do they all use the
same frequency?

I've just tested, and it's possible to get RCX-CC to control two
Cybermasters at once, from one tower, but they'll both do the same thing
(dancing robots, anyone?). If you start RCX-CC with just one CM switched
on, and then turn the other unit on, the second unit doesn't respond at
all, but the first one will continue to work.

I wondered if perhaps setting one CM up, taking it out of range, then
setting the other going with the other tower, on another computer would
work, but (after finding out just how impressive the range is with new
batteries!) they both took commands from both towers, although they didn't
like getting commands from both towers at once.

I didn't try anything with the standard Lego software at all, wouldn't
expect it to work any better. If anything, it's more likely to complain
about two CM units than RCX-CC.

You might be able to adjust the frequency of one of the CyberMasters
yourself, though. There's certainly an adjustable bit in the tower, and I'd
expect there to be one in the main unit as well. You might not want to void
your warranty and attempt to open your new unit, of course . . .

I hope that helps!

--
iain

imb@clara.net   http://come.to/afda

"how can you say that iain is a furyy fpevcg?!" - kristen