 Robotics / CyberMaster / 133
Re: Custom sensors on the cybermaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.cybermaster
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:23:51 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.cybermaster, John Jensen wrote:
I've managed to get communication up and running from labview to the
cybermaster, and noticed as I was testing different resistors as sensors that
the values returned is following a curve. This suggests to me that the inputs on
the cybermaster are constructed in such a way that I can apply a voltage to the
input instead of just a resistor. It might have to be through a 1:1 coil in
order to galvanic (??) seperate the input from the sensor. Can anyone verify
this?

Also does anyone know the opcode for resetting the tacho counter?

/regards
John Jensen

Thanks to Michael Barrett Andersen who knew that the opcode was 0x11 I now have
control over the tacho counters as well:

0xFE 0x00 0x00 0xFF   0x11 0xEE   0x01 0xFE   0x12 0xED
|  Header           |  opcode   |  motorID  | Checksum |

MotorID is: 0x01 0xFE or 0x02 0xFD or 0x03 0xFC

Go see http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/index.html
and http://members.home.nl/b.vandam/robots/crack.html
for details on opcodes and how to calculate checksum

Now that's sorted I just need to figure out if it's possible to apply a voltage
to the inputs.

/regards
John Jensen