 Robotics / 9951
RE: Marble Miser pics now on my website.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 14:59:11 GMT

As a result of the 4th Annual Lego Robotics Competition in Toronto Ontario.
I built a robot that I call Marble Miser. To view pictures and details. • Come
on down to my website:

www.astolfo.com/lego  follow the link to robots.

Dave,

I saw your design at the show and it was indeed very good. There were lots
of very intersting little bots there, including one from Iain Hendry (hope
I got the sp right).

There was a large selection of builders too, from high-school kids to grizzled
old veterans like me.

In case you are all wondering what we are talking about, here's a link to the
competition site, and I'm sure Calum will update with pics soon...

<http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-010800-index.html>

As a funny (sad) side note, I forgot to make sure I had a good terminal
emulator with me on my laptop, and then found out I did not. AFter futzing
with my modem and not being able to get WIn98 to recognize it (I had just
reinstalled it) I gave up and used Dave Baum's NQC!!! It really is a good way
to program bots and will serve well over 99% of all the interesting apps you
can think of with 3 sensors and 3 motors....

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com