 Robotics / 9876
  Re: perhaps a CV joint??

You are correct on the part being used as a CV joint. It's used in the 8880 Supercar behind the hubs, used as the 2nd U-joint is standard independant wheel suspension. This "gyroball" will ONLY work with the 8880 hubs when used as suspension. It can (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  perhaps a CV joint??

after looking ( until the eyes fell out ) at the hughes/registry site, I found a piece that is called a gyroball, an eight tooth ball with the four arm slot for lego axles. what does this 'ball' drive. sure looks like it could be a component of a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: perhaps a CV joint??

Yes the 8444 Air Enforcer used this gear as a handle to rotate the rotor blades. Not quite as functional as the ones used in the 8880, but non the less it's there also. Fred (URL) to be (URL) so I have a chance of getting CLSOTW) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: perhaps a CV joint??

If this is the same part I am thinking of, it is also used in the Technic helicopter (Jet Wasp??), in the rotor mechanism. Mike (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)