 Robotics / 986
    Predator/Prey thoughts ... —Lee Jorgensen
   On the prey, have a ultrasonic transmitter (running intermittently to simulate something like radar) ... For the predator, have an ultrasonic receiver that would drive an input on the RCX. (Please note: that I don't (yet) have a MIS, but plan on one (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Predator/Prey thoughts ... —Brian Stormont
     (...) How about having the robots work in the dark and have lights attached to the motor outputs in series with the motors? Then, whenever any robot moved, it would also generate light. Attach some light sensors to the robots and you can then (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Predator/Prey thoughts ... —Matthew Miller
   (...) That's cheating, though -- Lego doesn't make ultrasonic transmitters/receivers. (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Predator/Prey thoughts ... —John Donaldson
    Here is my 2 cents worth. 1. Why even send the number of the preditor or prey. Just send the code that says I am preditor or prey. 2. Add some IR LED's to the outside of the bots. External powered. 3. Use the three in one light sensor array, but (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)