 Robotics / 986
985  |  987
Subject:
Predator/Prey thoughts ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:53:04 GMT

On the prey, have a ultrasonic transmitter (running intermittently to
simulate something like
radar) ...

For the predator, have an ultrasonic receiver that would drive an input
on the RCX.
(Please note: that I don't (yet) have a MIS, but plan on one ... soon)

For the inputs of the RCX, correct me if I'm wrong, but they only are
binary inputs correct?
So, you could have two ultrasonic receivers that are a bit apart, and
you should be able to
calculate where the sound is coming from ... especially if the receivers
are directional (let's
say 100 degree listening angle) ... then for the prey, have it go into
listening mode, and spin
like radar ...

Anyway ... just some thoughts ...

-Lee.