 Robotics / 9717
    A Hand With No Gears Or Pullies —David Leeper
   Here's the latest update on my android project. It's a hand that uses no gears or pullies. Instead, a method of springs and cables is used. The result is a strudy, compact, lifelike design. The prototype hand, along with design instructions, and (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A Hand With No Gears Or Pullies —Bas Bloemsaat
   Seems really cool. Do you already have pictures of it grabbing or grasping something? "David Leeper" <david.leeper@destiny.com> wrote in message news:FntouI.EyM@lugnet.com... (...) gears (...) a (...) arm (...) 1st, (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: A Hand With No Gears Or Pullies —David Leeper
   Hi Bas, The hand does not yet grasp. To make it grasp, add a thumb (built just like the fingers) and run a cable from the thumb to the same motor that runs the fingers. The hand/arm on the web site is just a prototype, and the time I allocated to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)