 Robotics / 9818
Re: A Hand With No Gears Or Pullies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 16:44:18 GMT

Seems really cool. Do you already have pictures of it grabbing or grasping
something?

"David Leeper" <david.leeper@destiny.com> wrote in message
Here's the latest update on my android project. It's a hand that uses no • gears
or pullies. Instead, a method of springs and cables is used. The result is • a
strudy, compact, lifelike design. The prototype hand, along with design
instructions, and code for a "Hello World" program which makes raises the • arm
and waves hello, can be found at:

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Dome/5088/Hand.htm

The android arm waved hello to the world for the first time on January • 1st,
12:00:01 am!

David Leeper (welcomes you to the new millenium)