 Robotics / 9582
    USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Ram Meenakshisundaram
   Hi, I only have one serial port on my PC and it is currently hooked up to an external modem (PC slots are precious to me). So, I was planning on using an USB->Serial converter. Can anyone recommend a brand that has been proven to work with the IR (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Scott Matsumoto
     Somewhere on the Mindstorms site, I found a reference to the Peracom adapter. I have not tried it, but I did buy a Belkin USB Hub with a serial port and I know that the Belkin doesn't work. Scott (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

         Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Ram Meenakshisundaram
     (...) Wow. I am suprised Belkin doesnt work. Their products are really good. I never heard of Peracom. I know that Lego claims that "it worked for some users", but I wanted to stick with brand-names that I was familar with. Does anyone know if Lego (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Dirk-Willem van Gulik
     (...) The Keyspan PDA adaptor (www.keyspan.com) works just fine with an apple and/or the VirtualPC on the apple. Dw (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Peter Vogel
    Ram Meenakshisundaram <rmeenaks@olf.com> wrote in message news:386CCBC8.270472...olf.com... (...) Entrega's hubs with serial ports or the U1S9 work great IF you download the latest drivers (just got mine working this morning!) from Entrega. Barbara (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Harald Striepe
     Is that on a PC? I have one running with the latest drivers from their site. It works fine for small snippets of code, but always times out, when trying to download larger segments or firmware. What exact driver version do you have. What exact (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Mark Herberger
   (...) downloaded the latest drivers (Intel based). Also obtained a good troubleshooting doc to determine whether the S9 is configured correctly. Will gladly email to any interested. Problem: Having trouble getting the IR tower to talk to the RCX. I (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        RE: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Tilman Sporkert
   Of course you made sure that the battery in your IR tower is in good shape. I haven't found a way other than trying a brand new battery to verify that. The green light in the tower is not an indicator for a good battery - it lights up just fine even (...) (24 years ago, 12-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: USB->Serial Converts and IR Tower —Simon Bogaert
   (...) shape. I (...) The (...) lights up (...) As I've seen some people having problems with the IR tower, I suggest using an AC adapter. I had battery problems from the very first time I used the black tower, whilst the batteries where in good (...) (24 years ago, 13-Apr-00, to lugnet.robotics)